demcav

Roti option?

I'm new here and just finalizing my order with Dennis for a 23" KK. As a current gas griller, I use the infra-red rotisserie mostly for chicken. Would you suggest adding this option to my KK order, as I'm not sure how results of chicken off the KK roti compare? Also, 6" or 8" basket?

Thanks!

Re: Roti option?

Thank you, mk1...interesting thread on various methods of cooking and results for standing rib roasts on the KK. We currently rotisserie chickens a couple of times a month using a combination of the infra-red burner and indirect heat (by using the two outer most of the four burners) on the gas grill. The infra-red crisps the skin, while the indirect creates the ambient/convection heat for cooking the chicken's interior.

Does anyone know if I can I get similar results from the KK roti?

Re: Roti option?

I love the rotisserie . I originally got the 8" and the first time I used it for four Cornish game hens. It was too big and one hen fell to a fiery death! I did get the 6" later and it is perfect for smaller pieces of meat like the hens. Four fit perfectly. If i took better cAre with the 8" basket perhaps I could have been ok with just that size. However I now have both and that is fine by me. I have done a 4 bone rib roast in larger basket and it was perfect size and outcome was awesome. I think using a rotisserie in KK is very good. Have no experience with other rotisseries. You will be able to get crisp skin with KK.