mk1

44 pound cook

17 pound kosher packer and 27 pounds of ribs. (9 slabs) both were soaked for 24 hours in a salt free solution with brown sugar, molasses, worchestire, garlic onion and pepper. Also pineapple and pear juice in the ribs. The brisket was coated in thick veal demiglace anf worchestire before the rub. It was slow smoked for 2 .5 hours then finished hot with foiling at 160 to a final of 195 in a total of 7 hours. The ribs went in at the same time directly on top of thhe brisket in the rack(only way they would fit. very long slabs. they were foiled at 2.5 hours and held in the oven foiled with the Big Bob gibson sweet rib liquid recipe of pineapple juice, rub, garlic, etc. temp about 200 for 2-3 hours to allow the brisket to finish. Then glazed with Big Bob Gibson sweet glaze ( red, habanero sauces, honey, and blackberry jam. Finished back on the KK for an 30 minutes. No after pics because I was busy with my guests.... But the before pics are cool! fetch?id=68492fetch?id=68494fetch?id=68495fetch?id=68493

Re: 44 pound cook

This qualifies for a BIG OMG!

I'm sure I've ever seen that much meat on the main grill..

Did it appear that the top of the brisket was cooked almost the same as the lower portion?

I wonder if the massive pile of ribs was very insulating..

How many people did that feed?

Great Cook..

Thanks for sharing!

;);)

Re: 44 pound cook

The bark was pretty good considering the thick veal demiglace before the rub helped as did the fact that it was on alone before it went into foil but after the ribs were foiled. You will note that the brisket was a hybid slow/low for 2.5 hours and hot for 5ish. the point got another hour after chopping and saucing. The ribs were foiled into the oven to give the packer space and then carmelized with the Big Bob sauce back on the KK in batches as the party demanded....

you might imagine there were some leftovers ;-) now you went and made me hungry!