jacklondon

Jubilee slow roast pork shoulder

And a good day to you all - I trust you're all celebrating 60 glorious years of reign by Queen Elizabeth II? To celebrate this momentous occasion (Only one other monarch has reigned for longer..... ten points for correct guesses) i have an 11lb bone in pork shoulder with a fennel and garlic rub..... 250 for 6 hours..... eye watering. I've started to lean more toward the cooler rubs and marinades in favour of the traditional smokey/hot/chilli rubs which can over power the meat - this effort is moving toward a porchetta, a marvellous preparation indeed! God save the queen! fetch?id=68497fetch?id=68496

Re: Jubilee slow roast pork shoulder

its a wet rub, olive oil, salt, crushed fennel seeds and garlic. it needs to be "liquid" enough to be brushed on, make sure you get it into the scored skin....

the result was mega - sweet, melting pork, the aniseed of the fennel, i didn't uses any smoke chips, but we got a pretty good barbecue flavour in there too. I'll get you some pickies uploaded shortly...

and yes - Victoria is the only longer serving monarch in British History. A very proud day for us Royalists!