Loquitur

Oregon Scientific Remote Thermometer

I bought this some time last year but only used it for the first time a couple of days ago when I was making a porchetta roast. It worked very well once I got it going but it took about 30 min of me fooling around with it to get the receiver to reflect the temp of the probe. I've used several other similar type remote thermometers so I know there is a sequence of events that need to happen to get the two units to synch but the instructions didn't set them forth. So I was turning the two units on and off, pulling the probe in and out of the transmitter, taking batteries in and out, pressing reset buttons, etc, all in different sequences. I have no idea which of these attempts got it to finally work. So can somebody tell me their method of getting the transmitter and receiver communicating with this thermometer? I like it for roasting when I'm manually controlling the pit temp.

Susan

Re: Oregon Scientific Remote Thermometer

I don't own one, but:

Manual says:

Press RESET in the battery compartment using a pointed object such as a straightened paper clip.

Note: Reset both the monitor and the ThermoSensor within 60 seconds to synchronize them to transmit a signal.

Here is link to a manual:

http://us.oregonscientific.com/ulimages ... /AW129.pdf

Re: Oregon Scientific Remote Thermometer Thanks Madmedik. The manual that came with my unit below is different from the one on the link you posted and didn't contain that info. It just went straight from the topic "manually setting the target temperature" to "after cooking". Or maybe it was on a separate piece of paper that I didn't notice and dumped it. It never occurred to me that there would be different info on the website. Thanks so much for looking it up for me - this will make my life much easier!! Susan n67318