Ducaticraig

Tatonka Dust Now available!

Re: Tatonka Dust Now available!

Curious. Webpage warns that it contains soy and wheat. To me this screams MSG. Not a big fan of it. So, anyone that's used it look at the ingredients list for it, including its many pseudonyms - hydrolyzed vegetable protein, natural flavoring, etc.

Curious. Webpage warns that it contains soy and wheat. To me this screams MSG. Not a big fan of it. So' date=' anyone that's used it look at the ingredients list for it, including its many pseudonyms - hydrolyzed vegetable protein, natural flavoring, etc.[/quote']

Tanya here with Owens BBQ, creator of the Tatonka Dust. Thanks for checking out or page - any and all feedback is appreciated.

There is some MSG in the Tatonka Dust, nothing that was added separately but there is a small amount in the Charcoal Seasoning that we have listed on the label as an ingredient (the MSG is listed behind the Charcoal Seasoning as well on the label). I listed the Soy and Wheat on there because I knew those were common allergens and we needed to have that stated on the label as well. I may need to add that there is MSG on the site as well.... I will look into that right away!

Awesome. Thanks. It tells me a lot about a company and their products when they are open about how they're made. I'm OK with small amounts, but if it's too high, it gives me headaches. As long as it's a subcomponent of another ingredient, it should be OK. I will definitely try it.

MSG gets a bad rap for many food issues but it is a naturally occurring ingredient. Plenty if it in tomatoes and the white crystals you see on Parmesan cheese is pure MSG.

Actually more in Italian food these days than Chinese...

Most Chinese resteraunt syndrome is caused by poor food hygiene and not MSG.