tlinder

KK in Switzerland

My KK has arrived in Switzerland last Friday. It's such a beauty with the terra blue tiles. It was not too much fun to get this thing up the stairs through a narrow wooden staircase, but after the first dinner all the pain is forgotten. Here some photos:

P1000656.jpg

P1000652.jpg

P1000654.jpg

I'm really surprised how it easy it is to use this thing. My first dishes (Beercan chicken, duck, beef, fish and a pigs head) were really superdelicious!

P1000658_2.jpg

oh, WOW! i've seen a bbq'd pigs head, but it was attached to a bbq'd pig! i have to say, the chicken looks fantastic! are those cuttlefish/squid?? what cut of beef is that, flank steak? is that duck breast next to it?

the KK itself looks so awesome, and you are lucky to have such a nice view! have your neighbors seen the cooker? how'd they react?

I'm sure firemonkey will love the Pigs Head :D .

Why a head though? Is there enough meat on it to make it worth the cook? Is it free? Why not a butt instead? I've seen fish head soup...but never pigs head without the body attached. It sure looks skinnier when it's not attached :shock:.

i know that in some eastern european contries (ukraine, etc), the head of the pig is reserved for the guest of honor. the cheeks in particular are very good. i know that there's a mexican dish called "cabesa" that is akin to bbq. you pull all the meat after a long cook, and it is served with tortillas. tlinder, is pig's head a traditional dish in your part of the world? how is it served?

oh' date=' WOW! i've seen a bbq'd pigs head, but it was attached to a bbq'd pig! i have to say, the chicken looks fantastic! are those cuttlefish/squid?? what cut of beef is that, flank steak? is that duck breast next to it?[/quote']

The head actually was attached to a pig. We did a whole pig and a little lamb on Saturday. I had to put the pigs head into the KK because the meat in the head was not done jet. Here some pictures from our event:

P1000636.jpg

P1000637.jpg

P1000638.jpg

No, it's a normal fish. I don't know the name in English, sorry!

The beef is a flank steak and then the duck breast is just left from the beef.

the KK itself looks so awesome, and you are lucky to have such a nice view! have your neighbors seen the cooker? how'd they react?

I also think that it look great. The neighbors can actually see the grill from their garden. Jealousy must kick in soon. Till now I had no reaction from them, but who knows, perhaps they will also order one soon, when they see me using it every day.

I'm sure firemonkey will love the Pigs Head :D .

Why a head though? Is there enough meat on it to make it worth the cook? Is it free? Why not a butt instead? I've seen fish head soup...but never pigs head without the body attached. It sure looks skinnier when it's not attached :shock:.

As said it was only a leftover from the whole pig we did. It's actually surprising how much meat you find on such a a head. Normally I would of course prefer a butt.

i know that in some eastern european contries (ukraine' date=' etc), the head of the pig is reserved for the guest of honor. the cheeks in particular are very good. i know that there's a mexican dish called "cabesa" that is akin to bbq. you pull all the meat after a long cook, and it is served with tortillas. tlinder, is pig's head a traditional dish in your part of the world? how is it served?[/quote']

Not really, we also prefer the rest of the pig, but It's also a shame to toss it away.

That grill is looking good.

Here is an interesting experiment for you. Watch your neighbors decks and see who gets the next KK first. Will it be those who have a sight line or downwind neighbors subject to the mouthwatering aromas you will be generating? :D

A girl friend of mine is allready completly in love with it and wants to buy one as a birthday suprise for the husband. That's real love!

And here a photo of our building where you can see the placement of the KK on the balcony. Was quiet a risky thing to get it up the old narrow and wooden staircase with only 3 persons lifting it.

It's really nice to have it up there. Because everybody who walks by can see it and be super jealous.

balcony.jpg