Ducaticraig

Pork Loin KK vs Pellet Grill

fetch?id=68742fetch?id=68743fetch?id=68744fetch?id=68745

I cooked a Pork Loin and seasoned it similarly for cooking on both the KK and my Mak 2 Star pellet grill. Cooking temp was around 275-300 degrees and pulled the meat off the grills at 145'. I used Hickory pellets on the Mak and Oak and Peach wood chunks on the KK. I have to give the KK the win for taste this time around. I think the mix of lump charcoal and the Peach wood gave the meat a slightly better flavor. Each pork loin was seasoned with Maple sugar, garlic salt, pepper, and a little Sweet Money rub. I used MH pork brine for only two hours so I'm not sure if that was enough time to help moisten the pork. After cooking on both grills I forgot to take pictures of the final product on the Mak. :(

Re: Pork Loin KK vs Pellet Grill

Awesome! I need to try a pork loin. I used to have a Traeger pellet grill and I love the convenience and super fast start up.

But last night I wanted to cook 1 steak (I'm obsessed with perfecting my KK steak technique) so I threw in two handfuls of mesquite, hit it with the JT850 and 5 minutes later I had a fire suitable for grilling! I can't believe how fast the KK can be ready, it really is a versatile beast.