When i see something wrong in my post right after make the post i get edit marks can we change time limit please 

I admin at quite a few sites but i use vbulliten i assume that ips operation is similar and this is done by user group permissions 

Thanks in advance

@churchi 

When i make a post and lets say i left a word out or made a mistake now i go back to edit it and usually right away 

I will leave a edit mark in the post now on my forum i can adujust this per user group or have no time limit at all but i reserve the no time limit to my admins 

You should be able to adjust time limit   here 

Hope that is more clearer and thanks for looking into it

Edited by Stile88
this edit mark is what i mean

Thanks @Stile88. Ok i get it now. So you want the edited mark that is auto put in by the system to allow you to freely edit for x amount of minutes before it will show up as edited content? So i looked around and it seems i dont have that time limit option. I can either allow you to edit silently or it will always show the edited remark when you edit your post.

I like the idea of the time delay before the edit marks show up, however i dont believe IPS has that option. Ill have to go look for an addon to see if this can be implemented. Below is a screenshot of what i see.

Edited.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah it looks like it didnt seem to work @Stile88. I guess i would have to allow you to edit silently and just enforce the 10 min edit so that people know that content has not been changed since that post (which is basically what this feature is for).

Do you think its best to just enforce the 10min edit limit, and turn off the edited notification? Wondering if we need the notification if there is now a 10min limit on the edits.

I guess there is no easy setting to change to achieve what the other board software can do.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, churchi said:

Yeah it looks like it didnt seem to work @Stile88. I guess i would have to allow you to edit silently and just enforce the 10 min edit so that people know that content has not been changed since that post (which is basically what this feature is for).

Do you think its best to just enforce the 10min edit limit, and turn off the edited notification? Wondering if we need the notification if there is now a 10min limit on the edits.

I guess there is no easy setting to change to achieve what the other board software can do.

Thoughts?

Yea try that leave the 10 min in there and check the edit silently that might do the trick