marco polo

I am in Que Heaven...

Wow, what a long strange trip it's been. It all started innocently, at a company pot luck. A collegue brought in a pork butt, and it was so good that I inquired as to the preparation. He's a green egger, and was eager to share the virtues of a smoker. I was sold, sorta....

I got to admit I have a bit of an eye for pretty things, and that green egg on my deck did not fit the bill. A few searches on the internet brought me to Dennis' web site. I was smitten...

Best part is, the beauty is not only skin deep, but the geek in me had plenty to be happy about in the technical obsession going on in the KK. State of the art everything, ISO 9001 certified, ceramic vs. refractory, accessory nirvana. Oh boy. Well, the real test came in the presentation to the little lady, showed her the pics, and all she said is "When are you gonna get it?"

The rest is a tale of the best customer service, prompt delivery, perfect workmanship, and among the best of things, this forum. Ain't a better bunch of folks then you can find here on this forum...

I have had an opportunity to bring a pork butt in to work a few weeks ago, and that same gentleman that introduced me the idea of getting a smoker, was walking around gnawing on the bone, and says to me, "I have never had anything as juicy as the pork you brought in today." The food that comes off that thing makes even a novice look like a pro. The temp stability is truly remarkable....

I am as happy a customer as you can be, and would highly reccommend this fine piece of workmanship to anyone remotely interested in a smoker/BBQ. Doing the math, all the accessories that this thing comes with, it's a steal.

Smoke on brothers and sisters, life is too short...

Congrats marco polo,

You are right, ChefJeff, maybe we have all become too complacent. We have just come to expect that Dennis will treat everyone with extreme care and sensitivity and that everyone will be thrilled with the product. I guess we do have to do our part in responding so that newbies won't think we don't care about their experiences, we do, but its been a long road to get to where we (Dennis) are (is) today and maybe sometimes we just don't respond like we used too. Maybe we don't feel Dennis needs our help as much anymore, the word is out, the KK is the best ceramic grill out there, Dennis has the best CS out there and the product speaks for itself. Good work Dennis, you've made it easier for us but we do need to speak up every once in a while.

I think it is a testament to Dennis' good work that this forum has become more about the great cooking experiences that everyone is having rather than an advertisement for KK or a complaint board for customers (like some others).

Marco Polo's original post was in April of 07. If you are still following your post, and if you are inclined, I'd be interested in hearing about your triumphs, now that you've had your KomodoKamado for almost a year. As for me, I'm on "final approach", and am gearing up for my KK, come this spring. As someone who knows from personal experience about the magic of ceramic cooking, I happily obsess (fairly constantly too), about the cooking I will do in a ceramic cooker that is state of the art. I've noticed that so many KK fans also use the BBQ Guru. I may (or may not) fall into that group eventually. One step at a time. I will however be purchasing the rotisserie.

Cheers,

Jeff