Majestik

Pulled Pork Party

Well well well.

My first Pulled Pork in over 3 years. I have done the chuck roll a couple of times in that period, but curiously never a pulled pork... I almost forgot how good it can be.

Here are two roasts totaling just over 17lbs with JJ's spice rub:

pork1ec8.png

I have always been wary of low and slow cooks because mine usually end up being high and fast. I decided to try the "light only a few coals and toss on top of a full firebox" trick. And yes, that works very well indeed. For once, instead struggling to bring down the temperature, I had the opposite problem... sometime between 3am and 8am the dome temperature dropped below 200F. I got it going again and ended up cooking these a total of 16 hours to about 185F meat temp.

pork2ta9.png

And like a charm they fell apart like butter, tender and moist and smoky delicious. I used a large knife to move things along. Here's one of those puppies all chopped and pulled, ready to eat:

pork3bq8.png

The pork was all the rage that day. Here's a sammich with home made slaw and a "fleshed out" version of Deej's Dixie Chick sauce on a Martin's Potato Roll:

pork4ei7.png

Not pretty, but very very satisfying. You see, I do actually cook, on occasion. Unlike Gerard.

:P