cruzmisl

Recipe for rotisserie chicken?

My other half is cuban, so I've been cooking chicken with Mojo for a while now. The KK just takes it to a whole new level, especially with the EZQue.

Take a whole chicken and place it in a gallon zip lock bag. Slice up a small yellow onion, dump that in. Add some Fresh Ground Black Pepper. Now grab a gallon of Mojo and pour in enough so the chicken is completely covered when you seal the bag. Let that sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours, overnight is better. The sugars from the citrus juices in the Mojo carmelize nicely and gets the skin all nice and sticky.

This was my first attempt.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2383

On my second attempt, I tried something I saw in the forums here. I put a pat of butter on each breast, between the meat and the skin with some mashed garlic. I raised the temp to 475 and it turned the skin a really nice golden brown. I cook it until the temp in the thighs reach 180. I'd have to say it was my best chicken yet. Unfortunately it was a rush job, so no pics. Well, ok, here are a couple before it cooked just to follow the rules.

Heh heh heh, its got nips.

gxmg0Ni.jpg

Turn Turn Turn

gxmg5MA.jpg

Re: Recipe for rotisserie chicken?

Hi,

I usually keep it simple (salt/pepper) when using the roti but I was curious if anyone has a good recipe for chicken.

Thanks,

Joe

This isn't a recipe per say but ...I always take my chicken and rinse and dry it, I stuff paper towels into the body cavity, then I salt it liberally with kosher salt all over the skin front and back. Put it into the fridge uncovered overnight. The next day I paint it with Honey Mustard and use Mc Cormacks Montreal steak seasoning. 375--400 on the Roti -- til thigh is 175