Turtle

Hello from the land of palm trees and pelicans

....from the land of palm trees and pelicans (and election headlines). I have been a lurker on the forum for some time, but have enjoyed BBQ for much longer. Finally decided to buy a ceramic and lurked on several forums to figure out which one I would buy. I almost ordered a ceramic cooker from another well known company with a better website (not for long I hope). I started to see posts being deleted. It didn’t take long to find out about Komodo and frankly it seems they have the better cooker. I can’t claim personal experience with the other ceramic type cookers, but my new Komodo rocks. Kodos to Dennis.

Many thanks to the posters that have shared their experiences, tips, and pictures. It helps us newbs cook up some tasty stuff! I’ll try to post pics in the Komodo Photos thread.

Cheers, Turtle

Re: Hello from the land of palm trees and pelicans

....from the land of palm trees and pelicans (and election headlines). I have been a lurker on the forum for some time, but have enjoyed BBQ for much longer. Finally decided to buy a ceramic and lurked on several forums to figure out which one I would buy. I almost ordered a ceramic cooker from another well known company with a better website (not for long I hope).

Welcome Turtle to the land of textured black Komodo Kamado cookers! I have seen glimpses of the new website and it is nice. I think the pictures that you took of your new cooker could come in handy but that is up to Dennis.

Welcome Turtle!

Where in Florida are you.

I live in Pensacola or actually Gulf Breeze...the Panhandle...or more accurately geographically and culturally / spiritually....Baja Alabama!

twharton

Gulf Breeze, FL

"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could"

And this my soon to be delivered (2 weeks Dennis?) which I have been told is coming earlier than expected!

pastedGraphic_1_.jpg

Baja Alabama! :supz:

Thanks for the welcome.. I am over in the Tampa Bay area were 11 out of 10 households have season passes to Disney World, but could have had a Komodo instead.

Your cooker is looking saweet. You will really enjoy cooking on it!

Turtle - you are not the only Tampa owner! I have an early model, and I was a reference for someone else who I think also ordered.

Any potential customers that want to see one in person is more than welcome at my house. As a former owner of one of the "others" I can also discuss the differences.

Kevin

Welcome

Yes a few of us have had the experience with the "other folks" and have never regretted getting our KK from Dennis. I just got my brand new one (now have 3) and it arrived in perfect condition. Heck we followed Dennis's instruction in removing the lid and my wife and I were able to move the thing to our back porch. A struggle? Yes! But do-able!

You have a great product to use.

John

Re: Welcome

Yes a few of us have had the experience with the "other folks" and have never regretted getting our KK from Dennis. I just got my brand new one (now have 3) and it arrived in perfect condition. Heck we followed Dennis's instruction in removing the lid and my wife and I were able to move the thing to our back porch. A struggle? Yes! But do-able!

You have a great product to use.

John

3!! My, my, what ever do you do with them all?? Do you have them all on the same porch? I can hear the lumber crushing.... Your wife must be as tough as Curly's, my wife is not much for lifting. :smt089