Garvinque

Coleman Stove- Need help please!

On my way to work this morning saw a three family garage sale for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and said I would stop over after work! I was hoping to get a stand mixer or something to help with my new baking interest, nothing on that front but came across this Coleman Stove for 25.00 and I said why not. It was in box but no instructions on how to assemble or if I had all parts the lady selling had no idea if it was complete. Also is it normal for the pipe that carries the fuel would cross the flame?

Help me figure out if this is complete and maybe how old it is!

Garvin

Coleman stove 001.jpgColeman stove 002.jpgColeman stove 003.jpgColeman stove 004.jpgColeman stove 005.jpgColeman stove 006.jpg

Yes that looks correct and complete, I have one out in the back shed. In theory the heated pipe is supposed to transfer enough heat to the tank to keep the pressure up and the gas flowing. That way you don't have to constantly pump the valve while cooking. It also helps to assure the liquid gas has fully vaporized before going to the burners. 

Most of those can only use white gas. I own a single burner one that can also run off of car gas. Took it on my motorcycle when I toured the country for 3 months back when I was young and care free. Just siphoned a little out of the motorcycle tank when I wanted to cook something. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Garvinque said:

Can it be converted to propane?

If you're making up for lost time not being Richard Feynman as a kid, I can see trying for the amusement value. I wouldn't.

I grew up on that exact model, camping with my family each summer. I now have the propane version, and it's very handy as an outdoor pair of burners.

[1] Griddle for fresh masa tortillas to go with pulled port from the KK.

[2] How does that old joke go? "Is seasoning a cast iron pan / griddle / paella pan / wok dirty? It is if you're doing it right!"

Or was it "Do you smoke after seasoning?"

Either way, better done outdoors.

• Like 1