Curly

Bacon wrapped Pork loin

I was home a little early today so I had time to cook. Cut up a pork loin and wrapped the pieces with bacon and slide a little skewer through them to hold them together. I shook a little Dizzy Pig's raging river on them and threw them on the KK at 350 for about 25 minutes or so...and that's about all. (1 turn somewhere in the middle I guess)

Aside from that, we had brocolli and squash. It was a dang good quick meal...and there was plenty left for me to take to lunch several times. Now we're gonna go for a little walk in the woods to enjoy God's handiwork.

Here's the meat before it went on.

100_1759.jpg

Here's my plate...I had good intentions of taking a pic of the full plate, but...well, you know

100_1760.jpg

Here's the rest that we put away

100_1761.jpg

And here's the Chubby one wanting me to take him for a ride

100_1754.jpg

You put Chubby in the truck so he'd not eat yer tenderloins? Seems mean to me. The meat looks wonderful!! Sure beats my instant mashed potatoes and broc. Sigh.

No, he was on the back porch during the meal...as usual...looking through the glass with those pleading eyes. He jumps up in the truck on his own just in case there's a ride gonna soon happen :D, but never during meal time :shock:

Yeah, you really can't mess up a pork tenderloin, unless you burn it to a crisp I guess. And broc and squash cooked in chicken broth is always great :) . I can't wait to get into some of those leftovers at lunch, but today I'm having some more of that wonderful chicken and dumplings my purdy thang made for us on Monday...ummmm-ummm.

Chick 'n Dumplings - the ultimate comfort food. Mmmm. :) My gramma used to make those, too. Nuthin like it.

When I'm cookin, Livvy lies across my feet, between me and the counter. Never know when something will fall on the ground and need cleaning up, after all. She insists she's helping. I'm not completely convinced, but I hate to discourage good intentions.

I never thought I'd be saying this cause Little Ma (my granma) was the best cook for several counties up in her neck of the woods in South Carolina...everybody knew who Little Ma was cause of her cooking.

But I gotta tell ya, my purdy thang has done learnt how to make them chicken and dumplings about as good as Little Ma's was. Doggit they was good. :D