David Chang

removing rust and repainting metal (not KK)

my pizza oven stand is rusting. not terribly, but the paint is peeling on one of the legs and i want to take care of this before it spreads. i'm asking here because i've never done this type of work before and i figure someone here might know. i don't think i can match the color and orange peel texture of the original, but it's on the back side of the cart where nobody will see it. 

now if i follow these youtube instructions to fix a rusty waste can, would it work on my pizza stand? i don't want to make a big job out of it and i personally can't see myself doing any more than this, but i just want to verify that these methods in the video will solve my problem. basically remove the rust and repaint to a weather resistant finish. this is an outdoor oven that i use a cover with, but water likes to get inside at times when it rains heavy. thanks!

image.thumb.png.37d64ae17d2c675c907260de1409cb9b.png

Tucker, on the flip side as an alternative there is Feronite for a primer. Rust is a troubling slow process, it eats away at your prized possessions while at the same time  working on your patience. You'll never stop it completely, but only slow it's progression. Tell me about it, you do what you can...here on American roads salt is used to melt ice and snow, recently I just applied Waxoyl to the undercarriage of my truck hoping in the long run I lengthened it's life.  On the other hand you could paint it rusty brown, it'll all blend in.

• Haha 1

@Tucker for the rust neutralizer, i bought a loctite alternative. had to order this, the primer and rustoleum paint shipped from the US because amazon can't ship haz mat stuff. the DIY hardware scene in HK is appalling. there are no home depots or lowes here and everything i get in a mom and pop shop is hot garbage from china.