Mcdddy

Terrible issues with temp control and charcoal burning in one isolated spot not catching surrounding charco

I like my fireboard, i'm doing a whole pork shoulder right now. Its a 20 hour cook and i have a lot of things to do while that is going on so running three wires isn't a big deal to me. With a properly stacked basket of lump and the top hat adjusted properly the fan hardly ever comes on. I might wrap this one, i've never wrapped one of these before.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4c79775fc0bdedf4c1a1fbc0b9a3626.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c53ae04ea00a8f532f243036b02dc52.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C6Bill said:

I like my fireboard, i'm doing a whole pork shoulder right now. Its a 20 hour cook and i have a lot of things to do while that is going on so running three wires isn't a big deal to me. With a properly stacked basket of lump and the top hat adjusted properly the fan hardly ever comes on. I might wrap this one, i've never wrapped one of these before.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4c79775fc0bdedf4c1a1fbc0b9a3626.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c53ae04ea00a8f532f243036b02dc52.jpeg

Shoulder looks fantastic! I agree completely.  The KK adjusted properly paired with a Fireboard and a fan is about a rock solid as it gets. I am shocked at the temp control. I live in WI and even when it's crazy cold I get the same consistent results. I just sold my Meater Bock to fund the purchase of the new Fireboard Pulse probes. No more wires and they can control the fan :) I'm so pumped. I love my Fireboard just hate cords. 

• Like 1