paul1927

Delivery of the Q without Liftgate?

Since it seems like I'm going to be buying more Qs in the future this is of vital importance! :P The shipping quote that Dennis gave me for my second Q was a very pleasant surprise. At first glance I thought well it is going to be shipped without the liftgate service and that accounted for the good price. But, the invoice shows liftgate service is included. :) Perhaps this particular shipper doesn't charge more or doesn't charge much more for a truck with a liftgate?

Anyhow, watching my first Q arrive I had thought the shipper should have been able to just roll the Q off the truck on a ramp. Just like was done with my oversized refrigerator years earlier. Considering that I by myself (a small guy) was able to move the Q a fairly long distance using only the disassembled shipping crate as a tool, it seems like a shipping company shouldn't have that much trouble getting it off the truck using just a simple ramp.

I haven't seen any posts from Dennis lately and hope he is just taking a vacation. Of course, it would have been more considerate if he delayed his vacation until after my Q was delivered. ;)

Re: I'd Showoff A Picture Of My New Arrival . . .

. . .

But the Yahoo mail ate the email you sent me (I think only one of your sent emails survived). :mad: Like I said it looked WOW! 8) Now if only it looks as good in person. ;)

I gotta tell you, they are MUCH more impressiove in person...pics just don't do them any justice :shock:

Re: I'd Showoff A Picture Of My New Arrival . . .

. . .

But the Yahoo mail ate the email you sent me (I think only one of your sent emails survived). :mad: Like I said it looked WOW! 8) Now if only it looks as good in person. ;)

I gotta tell you, they are MUCH more impressiove in person...pics just don't do them any justice :shock:

That is very true, but because I already have one my expectations are sky high. Before I was just worried if I was going to open the crate and start cursing. Once I started taking the shipping crate apart I was very happy. Even when I found broken pieces I was still very happy because the Q impressed the hell out of me. Definitely the exception when doing mail order.