ThreeDJ16

Easy, Perfect Bacon

For all those folks who make beef jerky and have the jerky screens laying around; here is another use to get more mileage out of them. Bacon is perfectly cooked in the oven on these racks. Place foil under them (mine has a drip pan, so I line it) and lay the bacon out flat, spaced with none touching. Cook at 350 (400 tends to cook to fast) until desired doneness is reached (you might have to rotate trays half way through). The result is perfect, flat crisp bacon with most of the grease in the bottom of the foil. I then take the bacon drippings and store in a tupperware container in the fridge. Drop a teaspoon of this artery cloggin' goodness in any pot of vegetables for instant flavor! I also shred up any left over bacon and store in another container for the same purpose as the drippings.

-=Jasen=-

mmmm' date=' how bout covering the upper grill of a KK with bacon strips & cooking the same way? A little hickory on the coals for some extra smoke flavor. I may have to do a pound or so that way then crumble or shred and freeze for flavoring.[/quote']

May as well get some brown sugar and make some pig candy while you're at it.

mmmm' date=' how bout covering the upper grill of a KK with bacon strips & cooking the same way? A little hickory on the coals for some extra smoke flavor. I may have to do a pound or so that way then crumble or shred and freeze for flavoring.[/quote']

May as well get some brown sugar and make some pig candy while you're at it.

Oh yeah, now we are talking! I have actually been meaning to try that!

-=Jasen=-

Be sure to use a drip pan. That much bacon grease on your coals, when cooking at temps above 300 or so will make nasty soot and smoke...its NOT a good flavorful smoke, either :shock: