U2PLT

Roti fire setup

Re: Weber Holders?

What are Weber holders and where can I get them?

I think, based on one of Cozy's previous posts, that they're a metal creature that Weber makes for inside the Weber kettles. The holders keep the hot coals to one side so the heat is not directly under the drippy birdy. The rotiss spins, bird drips into drip pan, and cooking is by heat from the side, rather than directly under the bird.

"See these and other fine accessories wherever Weber items are sold!" Sorry - no idea where to buy them. ;)

Cozy has done a setup with TWO holders, so birdy has heat from either side.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewt ... er+holders

What Kozy is using are metal baskets. They were shipped with the performer series (Weber kettles that had a 5# propane tank and an ignitor in the bottom of the kettle. You loaded the baskets when you wanted to do indirect, put them together in the middle of the coal grate, ignite them, then slide to the outside.

There are also just metal wire "walls" that attached to the coal grate. I point out this difference because just about anything you see aftermarket are the wire dividers and not the baskets that cozy is showing. Pay attention if you are shopping online :)