Curly

Cozy shop pics

Sharpening

Curly I use a Tormak Ginding wheel system made in Sweden. They have attachments to for all different kinds of tools to sharpen then perfect and easy. They have been rated by Wood magazines as the best there is many times. You can do it with had held diamond coated files but it takes time.

I user carbide cutters for my other tools like planers and jointers which last a long time.

The use Forest Woodworker II blades for my table and cutoff saw that have C4 carbide teeth. They will sharpen and replace teeth if necessary for very resonalble cost.

I have a delta unisaw similar to yours and I have the TS Incra system too. I also use the forrestor woodworker II blade, and a delta bandsaw that looks the same size. I don't use any lathes though...I hear they are addicting. :D

But I do use a tormak and have many of the attachments for sharpening different tools. Great pics. My shop is still such a mess that I'm ashamed to take any pics :oops:

I just built a 22ft workbench with a 2 1/4 inch top (all mdf) that goes down the back wall. With 12 drawers. Hopefully this will help me get some of the mess straightened up ;)

Argh...

Nice play room Cozy..

All my private tools and machines including hand planes given to me by my great grandfather were burned and then subsequently stolen when my factory burned down. Really miss them and having my own shop to futz in.

Good call installing the central dust collection system. People often don't realize how important it is.. After spending the last 18 years working with teak which has dust that is irritating I can now notice after a few hours if our filters are clogged up. After a few days of that, I get the dry cough/hack.

No fun..

:eek::eek:

Dust

I built the dust collection system using 4" diameter galvanized ducting from Lowes that saved lots of money over the stuff they sell made for dust collection systems. I also built a turbo flow that separates the particles except for dust and improves the efficiencey a bunch. These for the small shop cost $250, the parts for mine cost $35. Over a period of time you must have dust collection to save your lungs. I also use a 3M filter mask because dust from Mesquite & Cocobola & other exotic rain forest woods can really be dangerous to some people.