JoeNY

R2D2 arrives on Wednesday.

Butt is the usual first offering.

I pass by an Ingles grocery store on the way home from work everyday and look at the 'specials' that they have on the sign out front. Yesterday they had butts for .98 cents a lb...errrrrrrrrrrrggggg (that's supposed to be the sound my truck makes when I slam on brakes)...so I got 2. That's what I'm gonna cook tonight.

Good luck, post some pics.

normally i'd agree, BUTT in the case of getting a new toy that doesn't need to be broken in like SOME other cookers, i'd say fire up a hot cook with those tri-tips first. then, let it cool down, and throw a couple butts on after dinner sometime for sammiches tomorrow.

briskets are a PITA, so i wouldn't even bother. if yer looking for a LONG cook low and slow, try a chuck roll! but dont bother if you dont have at least 10 interested parties to help wolf it all down!

of course, you cant really go wrong with any of it. i would just have a hard time waiting overnite to enjoy the fruit of my new cooker!