DennisLinkletter

Veal Prime Ribs... Amazing

I went to Lotus, a gourmet hotel and restaurant supply warehouse in Bali on Tuesday and I found these medium sized ribs and was initially puzzled as to what they were..

I was very pleased when I heard they were veal. (something new)

I'm guessing this would be called prime rib.

They were sub-zero, very rock hard frozen, so I just wrapped them in a shirt and shorts in a plastic bag and hand carried them back on the plane to Surabaya. Put them in a cooler to defrost and then marinated them overnight in Newman's balsamic vinaigrette (DJ's idea;-) and misc rubs and a hand-full of chilies of course.

Here it is just out of the marinade.

KK-VealPR1.jpg

Going on with dueling probes @ 215º with mostly apple with one lil hickory chunk.

Smoked slowly up to 118º pulled it out and opened up both ends letting it climb over 500º tossed it back in on the lower for about 90 seconds per side. Put the drip pan back in and dropped the ribs down into the pan and shut down the cooker..

KK-VealPR2.jpg

Pulled it at 125º and wrapped it for 2 hours

KK-VealPR3.jpg

Very moist.. in fact juice was running out onto the table in these shots.. It was not bloody tasting and although she usually shies away from very rare meat, I persuaded my wife to taste it and she loved it.

KK-VealPR4.jpg

This is really melt in your mouth meat. Two votes for veal..

KK-VealPR5.jpg

These are going to our best friends just to show off what I can do on my Komodos!

KK-VealPR6.jpg

Damn, I did it again..

:lol::lol::lol: