billyg

how about the equivalent of a #9

Primeats wrote:

If they get any bigger I may disappear and take a nap inside

Be careful giving away your ideas; you might open it one day and find someone living in it!!! :D:D:D

That's where the gas attachment comes in handy. Fire it up and WHOOSH! Out pops the "resident." :D

Re: how about the equivalent of a #9

Hey Dennis,

Is it possible to make a #9 komado kamado otb? The only feature the other company has that I like other than the size difference is the ability to cook with the lid ajared about 2-4 inches. Is it possible to make the spring with a click contraption that will allow us to adjust how much we want to keep the top open for searing on the top grill? Hope all is well with you!

You can adjust the KK to open only 4 inches if you like. Simply back off the nut on the rear spring. You would have a difficult time keeping the lid open however. Y'know we don't mean to offend or belittle you, must have been a slow blog day or sumpthin'. Dennis almost always answers these posts, eventually, but as this is a truly free posting forum, the masses are going to respond. It's part of the reason this forum is so strong" e pluribus unum" :!:

I looked my hinge area and it looks like you could shut the lid to 4" and put a stick/board through the hinge area and it could/might hold the lid there. You would need to do some tests and perhaps adjust the thickness to get it dialed in.

I would MUCH prefer to have a self opening lid that I had to try to hold down occasionally, than a 'dead lift every time lid' that was easy to stop at 4".

Hey Dennis,

Is it possible to make the spring with a click contraption that will allow us to adjust how much we want to keep the top open for searing on the top grill? Hope all is well with you!

I'm sorry, I just realized I did not mention the lil bit open contraption you asked about..

Mostly because I thought that our Firemonkey answered it perfectly..

A simple tether attached to the latch or handle that could hook on the latch catch would do the trick for you..

Joining the peanut gallery, and maybe going off topic a bit, but I'm still interested in the small camp model which I think would generate FAR greater sales than spending time thinking about a super large version.

Also, more people might be willing to order a smaller, more inexpensive model now and add a larger one later after having a chance to use one personally.

Hey Dennis,

Is it possible to make the spring with a click contraption that will allow us to adjust how much we want to keep the top open for searing on the top grill? Hope all is well with you!

I'm sorry, I just realized I did not mention the lil bit open contraption you asked about..

Mostly because I thought that our Firemonkey answered it perfectly..

A simple tether attached to the latch or handle that could hook on the latch catch would do the trick for you..

Actually, um well, yeah, what he said!