bobvoeh

Polder Port does not go all the way through

I'm pretty sure I just need to poke it through, but I just wanted to make sure before I take a tool to my new $3000 toy :eek: . The polder port is closed on the inside of the KK. Should I just take a philips screwdriver and tap it through from the outside?

Thanks,

Bob.

Check the boards here, but I think you'll find that it's just a plug of something not even the same material as your new cooker. Screwdriver pops it out.

BEFORE LISTENING TO ME (or reading my post as Gospel), search the board. I don't have one, so it's all second/third hand. Try these posts - on some, Dennis weighed in.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewt ... river+plug

Re: Polder Port does not go all the way through

I'm pretty sure I just need to poke it through, but I just wanted to make sure before I take a tool to my new $3000 toy :eek: . The polder port is closed on the inside of the KK. Should I just take a philips screwdriver and tap it through from the outside?

Thanks,

Bob.

are you talking about the small hole near the rim or the bottom ( larger ) hole near bottom? The bottom ( guru ) hole just will crumble and is lined with metal for guru inducer tube the top for guru wires and such. Haven't heard about it ( smaller opening) being partially plugged

Thanks,

Bob.

Bob,

Are you talking about the GURU port (at the bottom) or the "Polder" near the lid, on the right front?

The Guru port is opened by tapping the center of the plug from the outside in with a screw driver or some other device.

The Polder port should be open and lined with a metal tube. There is also the EZ Que rotisserie port that does not go through (it's a socket -one on each side just below the lid joint.

are you talking about the small hole near the rim or the bottom ( larger ) hole near botton? The bottom ( guru ) hole just will crumble and is lined with metal for guru inducer tube the top for guru wires and such. Haven't heard about it ( smaller opening) being partially plugged

Its the smaller port near the rim in front of the rotisserie bracket on the right of the cooker. I can look into the hole from the outside and it appears to have a metal lining, but you do not see the hole on the inside of the cooker.

Found this picture of it from DJ's Torch Mod Post.

Pq1uzvEi.jpg

Ooooh! See?

Already I have my various holes mixed up. :shock: Not a good sign.

Now thats funny !!!! Anyway, I just tapped through with a screwdriver, looks like it had a very thing layer of the refractory material and then some mushy kind of filling. Came right out. I had to straighten my food probe for my maverick a little so it would fit through, but other than that no problems.

On a side note, I take back what I said in another post about my maverick having poor range, it reaches all the way into the kitchen and still has a strong signal. I think my older 2.4ghz phone might have been interfering with it. I upgraded to a 5.8ghz since the last time i used it, so maybe that was it?