Naldo

Hello from Port Angeles, WA

We prefer to do the pizza on the KK now' date=' less mess in the oven. My goal is to NOT use the oven at all this summer. I think charcoal may be cheaper than the electric and gas!( That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)[/quote']

I go for that plan all year, except the 9 day span in mid-January where the house MIGHT benefit from the heat of the oven. Otherwise, when its hot out (like now) it is definitely cheaper to burn some lump than to heat the oven, and then run the AC to cook the kitchen back down! I think my oven gets used maybe 5 times a year, and that is only whne I am not home.

Besides, it makes a mess when you toss fruit wood in the oven :P

when its hot out (like now) it is definitely cheaper to burn some lump than to heat the oven' date=' and then run the AC to cook the kitchen back down! [/quote']

Who needs lump right now....everyday this week we have had 100 plus weather....my glass black KK is an oven just sitting there!

-=Jasen=-

Tell me about it! Mine is blue, and the outside gets hotter to the touch from sitting in the sun (even early in the day) than it does after I have roasted a couple of chickens for an hour at 400*!

If it weren't for the insulating layer, I could almost get to 225 and cook in it. Just for comparison, I will try to remember to compare the thermometers on my KK and POSK in the heat of the day tomorrow. I bet my light colored POSK is substantially hotter than the dark KK.

Thanks All!

Hi there Everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great welcome and also for all the great additional information that came out of a thread that was meant to just be an introduction--a real testament to this forum, which is all about great information about cooking and the KK, etc.

We've been away for a few days, but we just got back. Our KK should be here sometime in the first week of July--pics to follow.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. See you elsewhere in the forum!

--Ron