ThreeDJ16

Sam's Deal

Sam's has baby back ribs on sale for $3.99lb. Normally I don't buy them, as St. Louis trimmed spare ribs are usually better and more meaty when slow cooking. But walking by the display cooler, I noticed a couple of the vacuum sealed 3 rack packs were only $12 where the rest are $24. So stopped and checked it out....hehe....someone mislabeled about half a dozen packs as pork loin at $1.97lb...hehe. Needless to say I could not pass up the opportunity to get loin back ribs for $1.97lb. Just wish I had more freezer space as I only grabbed two packs. Anyway, just goes to show a careful eye in the meat section can yield you a good bargain every now and then. Usually I run across something like this a couple times a year.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Sam's Deal

.... St. Louis trimmed spare ribs are usually better and more meaty when slow cooking.

-=Jasen=-

Ut Oh.... discussion point.... DeeJ, lets leave that comment open for discussion.... :smt064

Because, I really like the Sams cyrovac packs of babybacks (3 slabs).

The only thing is "You have to get the heaviest of the packages!!!!" 8 Lbs or so.

The lighter weight packages aren't so good, not enough meat. IMHO