primeats

Replacement probes for the BBQ Guru competitor

Ok, unless I just screwed up the easiest install ever or the folks at the BBQ Guru have mixed up the wiring for my replacement probes. The pit sensor registers the meat temp and the temp probe is showin the pit temp on the competitor base. The plug only connects one way so I don't think I messed up. I gave the folks at the Guru a note also. Thanks for your help. :tard:

Do you need to look at the other end of the wire???

In other words, if you can't swap the two plugs connecting wires/probes to the competitor (meat temp, pit temp) then can you swap the other ends the wires are poked into? Move the pit probe to the meat, and move the meat probe to the pit.

I must be missing something; that's too easy.

That would be too easy' date=' it's an integrated plug, so I used the temp probe for as the pit probe and the caymen clip I jammed into the pork roast. Worked prety good, but when I pulled the clip out of the roast, the clip came off inside the roast. I took that slice.[/quote']

It is too easy then....... that's what I suggested...... :D but I thought both probes had the same pointed ends versus one pointed and one caymen clip.

Re: Replacement probes for the BBQ Guru competitor

A few years later (From your post Dave) but the pit probe for my DigiQ DX is faulty right out of the box. I decided to hook her up and see how the Guru works. The meat probe works fine and was within a degree of my Thermapen but the pit probe, when put in an ice bath would climb to 126 or so. Then when I put it in boling water it would go down in temp until i got 3 dashes.

I E-mailed BBQ Guru last night but after 24 hrs I have not gotten a response.