LarryR

Do you "heat soak" your KK?

Just curious how many people "heat soak" their ceramic prior to grilling? I try to as often as possible as I do feel it gives me a better cook than just the heat radiating from the bottom. It also give me extra time to drink beer but don't tell the SO :D I've got her warming now for a Prime Tri-tip, sipping a few Miller Lites, got Journey playing in the background and it's 78 degrees outside. Can it get any better than this?

PS I know there's a more accurate term than "heat soak" but it's all my Miller Lite soaked brain could think of right now.

Soaker

I could see soaking for a precision oven operation like pizza as mentioned, or maybe chicken that you have timed and are really relying on even radiated heat...

Other than that, it has always been my understanding that meat takes on more smoke when its cold then hot... Sooooo I fire mine up, get the coals kicking a bit and let er rip... I like to see all that oak & hickory smoke crawling up through the damper, because I know it passed through the pork on the way ;)