mguerra

Sweet Ride

Re: Production

Not a kit plane. That's a Lancair Columbia 350' date=' the fifth one off the production line. It is now a Cessna product, the 350 Corvalis, since Cessna bought Lancair Certified. Lancair kit plane company is separate and still extant.[/quote']I didn't realize there was a production version, I'm sure that opened up a whole new market, but I will always be partial to the homebuilt.

I haven't been an active pilot since my oldest (14) daughter was born, but was a homebuilder before that. (nothing like a Lancair though...) I would like to get back into it someday, lining up and flying the approach is one of the greatest feelings.

Sweet rides..

Growing up my father had a Beechcraft Baron and a Helio Courier short take off and landing bush plane.. First one went fast, second one could fly at 28 miles an hour and land on a fence post..

My brother in law built and flies this Wheeler Express composite with a Lycoming, V8 engine.. really gets up and goes. DSCN6354.jpg

Re: Sweet rides..

My brother in law built and flies this Wheeler Express composite with a Lycoming' date=' V8 engine.. really gets up and goes. [/quote']

I always liked the Wheeler, looks like they are out of business now. They got a bad rep pretty early as a couple planes crashed without much apparent cause. I think it spooked a lot of people, no doubt that was the beginning of the end.