LarryR

Pre-Thanksgiving JD Maple Syrup Turkey

Bought a turkey for the Utah vs. New Mexico game today (my buddy is a Lobos fan) and our guests ended-up having to go out of town, then SO left town, SO's son is going to Jay Z (not sure if that's how you spell it) so my 8 yo son and I are having our own little pre-Thanksgiving turkey today. 15 lb. free range natural bird, brined for 32 hours, air dry overnight and she'll be going on in a few hours over Rancher and Cherry wood.

Absolutely love this time of year, makes me wonder why I don't do turkeys more often. I'll update PICTURESas the day goes by. Trish, notice food grade bucket :D

All right Pimp Monkey - very nice. I see that little link in the last line of his post... did you bother clicking on it? :twisted: There's just a turkey in a buket full of brine - considering his post was from Saturday, I'm guessing it was cooked by now?!?!?!? :lol::lol: Should be a few more pics, right? ;)

BTW Larry, your turkey is mooning everybody!! :eek::lol:

Hey guys, I had totally forgotten about this post. I ended-up extremely ill Saturday afternoon (I think food poisoning) and and could barely finish the turkey. Then after putting it on the counter to rest I ended-up basically passing out ill. It was pretty scary for my 8 yo son, he ended-up calling his mother very concerned about me, she instructed him to just make sure I was covered (and had a bucket nearby) and to try to put the bird in the fridge (once it had cooled down). He did a pretty nice job covering and putting a 15 lb bird in the fridge by himself. Don't know how the bird turned out, I've associated it with my becoming ill and didn't want to try it. SO came home the next day, sliced it up and vac. sealed it. SO had some said it tasted great, I want no part of it.