bryan

Cuban Sandwich

Re: Cuban Sandwich

Anyone have any info on a nice Cuban Butt?

So we're struggling for a snappy comeback, and the only names we can come up with are Castro and Ricky Ricardo.

(We've used house-cured ham before, making the actual sandwich in a "Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler Panini and Sandwich Press", cheapest and best of breed. The sandwich recipe is straightforward, everyone agrees. I wouldn't use butt, one wants ham.)

Thanks Doc. Neat site.

I am on a quest for the doors that lead to opening up the capabilities of the Komodo-Kamado. It is capable of so much more than briskets, butts, roast, and steaks.

All countries and their neighborhoods have top line wonderful recipes that could really shine if done on the KK. This forum has the resource and talent to gather and post this very special collection from all corners of the world.

All those great taste many of us experienced in our travels are right at our fingertips. This forum touches a lot of world neighborhoods, with more joining every day. Isn't it great how almost every forum member owns the best cooking unit of the 21st century and wants to actively keep the fires glowing.

This forum needs a special online KK cookbook to house these very special taste and flavors. Not a garbage collection but a worldly collection of "Flavors of Our Past". We have the equipment, talent to evaluate, test and select. Just need a control crew.

Al Pastor

Ask and you shall RECEIVE

Here are some Al Pastor Butt from my first attempt where I did it as an entire roast vs slices or chunks. I wouldn't recommend it, go with chunks or slices, this allows better penetration/coverage of the wonderful sauce.

All this Cuban talk got me craving Pernil. Got one marinading right now!