TAHA74

HELLO TO ALL FROM MEXICO!!!

Hello to all members, my name is Memo Taha, and i live in Monterrey Mexico. I am a new and very happy KK owner. I just received it (#608) in my home 3 days ago, and I'm very impressed of the quality construction, and not because is mine, but i have to say that is beautiful, the color is dark Terra blue. I will be posting some pics of the arrival soon!

I want to thanks Dennis because he explained me every detail very good and he help me a lot to have this beauty in my backyard. good BBQ to everyone!!!

Hey Nemo. Welcome to the forum.

If you click on "KomodoKamado" above and then click on "forum" you will find answers to many questions along with detailed instructions for some KK recipes.

Looking forward to some of your recipes. Any thoughts on how to roast a goat?

You are gonna love cooking on your Komodo Kamado.

And the first cook was????

Hi Cook Shack, thanks for the welcome. My first cook, i just made it simple, just my wife and i, so i grabbed what i had in my refrigerator : some habanero chicken wings, some sausages, and 2 corn on the cobs. They turn out very good.

So this cook was direct grilling, but next time i want to try some indirect cooking. i will post pictures soon.

Do you know something about pizza stones? I mean where to get them, or which one is better? :)

Congrats on the 1st cook.

No, I do not know much about pizza stones. As a result I ordered the new one from Dennis. I do know about him. Anything he sells is above top of the line.

There are only two rules that I can see. 1) put it in and have it heat up with the cooker. 2) Do not let it get wet.

If you like email me at: [email protected] and I'll send you a good Pizza dough recipe. ( Will send to all who reply) (corrected_copy)

You should get some stone replies, there are some good pizza cooks on this forum including Dennis. (He makes the stones the way he likes them)

I suggest the use of "Sir Lancelot" flour from King Arthur Mills.

Use a food processor with the bottom metal blade to mix the dough. As soon as it bounces to top of blade you are through making dough. Separate into 2 balls (2 12" pizzas - 1 ball= 1 16" pizza) and store covered not sealed in fridge a minimum of 3 days. (up to 5) Remove from fridge let double then make your pizzas.

This is a buy now:

"Secrets From Inside the Pizzeria"

By Beverly Collins

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/kamixer/ ... k_download