White Mamba

This is how the White Mamba Rolls

So I just acquired a KK from FireMonkey, and being Memorial Day Weekend, what better time to get that thing cookin'.

Broke it in with a Pork Butt, Spare Ribs, Chorizo and FM was kind enough to make some ABT's as well.

zboy0b9d1d680a43a58d96a.jpg

Hit this with some Cherry and Hickory at about 250 for 10 hours on the butt and 5 or so on the rest. Turned the butt into some Eastern Carolina Q and glazed the ribs with a modified version of the Raspberry Chipotle sauce I found hereabouts a while ago.

It did not suck.

Time to throw down some Fish and Shrimp Tacos

Couldn't find any Mahi or Striper, so I went with some shrimp and a piece of tuna. Charred a red pepper and some white corn tortillas, and made a salsa cruda with red onion, tomato, cilantro, key limes, avocado, mango and jalapeno. Shrimp and tuna marinated for several hours with key lime, EVO, garlic, adobo, pepper and chili pepper.

dsc005651111472.jpg

dsc005661115594.jpg

dsc005671120549.jpg

dsc005681124386.jpg

dsc005691129474.jpg

The gut is pleased.

Dude, I am sooo pissed off right now. I can't believe you didn't come to my house and pick up that grill so you could cook for me!!!! Fish tacos are my favorite. I got stuck with Firemonkey and he did not cook anything for me. I had to cook for him and let him drink my beer.....jeez....what a bad guest. :roll:

-=Jasen=-

What the hell FM and WM - did you guys take photo and cooking lessons from the Food Channel or something?!?!?!? :lol::lol::lol:

Good looking chow! Although I have to admit, I honestly thought fish tacos were something of a myth and/or urban legend. I mean, we eat meat when appropriate (always) and fish on Friday's during lent. How could I know that there was such a thing as a fish taco? Thought those boys from the Silicon Valley were just pulling my leg. Of course, they eat some weird sh!t out there in the name of staying healthy. I didn't mind visiting, but was always glad to come home to the normalcy of Meat, Drink, and a good smoke -

Er, what did I start talking about at the beginning of this post?....