Tucker

Memorial Day 2010

We had a cook out for approx 30 folks Sunday. I spent the day Sat cooking wet ribs (20#) and slow cooking two briskets (~7.5# each). Once the Ribs were done I put two butts on (~7.5# each) and let it go overnight with the guru in charge.

I refrigerated the ribs and brisket, my wife cut the brisket cold Sun am and we warmed the ribs & brisket in a 200 degree oven covered for a few hours before serving. The butts came off at 7am and were wrapped in foil, towels and into a cooler till being pulled then warmed up in the oven with the rest.

Used apple on the ribs and butts, no wood on the brisket. the ribs and butt were done using Chris Lilly's recipe's (thank you Chris!) and used Dizzy Pig 'Red Eye Express' rub on the briskets, light dusting to keep it in the range for my guests.

Please forgive me for not getting grill pics, the brisket was done on the small KK, the ribs and butts done on the large KK. Pics are after i started preparing and after folks had gone thru the line once.

Butt being pulled

FDRLA.jpg

Brisket on the line

5l9PA.jpg

Ribs on the line

FEzF9.jpg

Dog on the floor waiting patiently for a fumble.

Nlt9r.jpg