Syzygies

Another use for the Komodo rib rack

Five or ten minutes? Depends on your charcoal.

For low & slow I like to start a focused fire in extruded coconut, right under my smoke pot. This is good.

For higher temps, I've moved over to the Benzomatic JT850 which is quicker.

So it depends. If you already have the plumber's torch shown, e.g. for projects around the house, then this is a handy way to use it. (Our previous owner used scrap pipe with four joints for the shower, buried in a wall where a clean single piece of pipe would have done. The joints failed and I learned various skills to repair all the water damage and replace the plumbing.)

Remember that thread on refilling propane tanks? Propane is heavier than air. Dennis must have had this in mind designing this gas burner door, as it is flush with the cooker floor, so if this torch goes out unattended, the cooker doesn't turn into a bomb. Good thing. Still, attend!

I just read a cool idea. For my quick cooks - like grilled chicken breasts - I am now using the side burner of my useless gas grill to light my charcoal chimney. It took like two seconds and I just dumped the coals into the basket, tossed on another handful and the grill is just about ready to go. :lol: