cruzmisl

Focus or Fiesta?

Hi All,

Wife needs a new car so we went to the Ford dealer. Long story short we were looking at a loaded Focus or a loaded Fiesta. With the incentives both are about the same price but the Focus has an extra $3k incentive (technically the Focus is more money but the same with the $3k incentive). Having said that its a 2010 whereas the Fiesta is a 2011 and its a ten year old massaged platform while the Fiesta is brand new (in the US anyway). The Fiesta actually drove better than the Focus, has more "luxury car" options like push button start and gets better mileage. Surprisingly, the Fiesta was quieter and handled better.

I was thinking while the Focus is technically cheaper due to the $3k incentive the resale will be poorer once the new revamped model is released in early 2011

The Fiesta is the newest "world" car to be released by Ford so I was thinking the resale would be better. Not to mention it gets outstanding reviews by just about everyone. Trouble is the name.......Fiesta. Spawns sad images of the 1980's for me :D

Any ideas?

Thanks!