jnoble

Introducing myself

Hello all.

I am getting closer to making the call and buying my first KK.

I am enjoying the research, and leaning toward a cobalt blue 23.

Dennis has been helpful of course.

I live in the pacific northwest. 49 years old, currently single. A sailor and a foodie.

In the patio at my office I keep a weber charcoal kettle and a Traeger smoker. I use the weber to please the staff on Friday afternoons when we chill with a snack and a glass of wine. I use the Traeger for serious smoking, like making my own bacon and so forth.

And in the patio at home I still have my old Weber Genesis 1000, plumbed into the natural gas of the house. I almost never use it now. I keep it out of affection, like that childhood bike you keep for memory's sake.

And guess what I did today. I called the store and told them to return the Primo Junior that I bought last week. After a year of research, I somehow never found out about KK. I discovered KK just after buying the Primo.

Just not happy with the Primo. Never fired it up, but the fit and finish is just not there. If I am paying thousands of dollars, the fit and finish and art, all have to be there.

It's hard being a perfectionist. But the occasional flights of joy are worth it.

Looking forward to community with all of you.

John Noble

Re: Introducing myself

And in the patio at home I still have my old Weber Genesis 1000' date=' plumbed into the natural gas of the house. I almost never use it now. I keep it out of affection, like that childhood bike you keep for memory's sake.[/quote']

Welcome Noble, I can tell you from recent experience once you pull the trigger you'll never look back and wish you'd pulled it earlier.

Regarding your above comment I know what you mean; I have a Genesis 1000 Circa 1992 that I just cannot part with. It was a gift from my father and has a host of memories associated with it. In-fact my SO offered to buy me a new Genesis to replace it and I told her no and rebuilt her. She doesn't get much use anymore (can't remember last time I used her and do not even have any propane on hand) and has become more of a spot to set a hot KK grate but every time I look at her one of the many memories come to mind. Here's a SLIDESHOW of my rebuild.

Now make that call to Dennis and join in the fun :)

Welcome to the family. We are an eclectic bunch, united by a common love for great outdoor cooking on the best ceramic cooker available. I have only had my Gen II KK for a few weeks, but I am in love. You know, its kind of strange that I love outdoor cooking in all it's forms, because we never cooked out when I grew up. I remember always wishing that we would, because my grandparents would cook out sometimes, and I LOVED that smoky taste! After I graduated undergrad, I think I bought a 22 " Weber kettle with my first paycheck, and I have been cooking out ever since. Man, once I start talking, I'm like a runaway freight train! To return to the point, welcome to the KK family. (I believe you will wind up getting one! :wink:)

Welcome John! Of course Dennis is your ultimate resource for all things KK - but we have a fair bit of knowledge about our KK's too! 8) My point being - if you have any questions, ask away! At the end of the day I think you will love your KK and enjoy calling this forum part of your home.

Look forward to seeing pics! Pull that trigger - you'll be glad you did!