DennisLinkletter

Triple Bone-In

Started with a nice Triple Bone in.. Was shopping for fruit and vegis and saw this and could not get away without taking it. Took a bag and added an extra full tablespoon of granulated garlic and about a half tablespoon of onion powder enough A1 and Worcestershire sauce about to cover at a ratio of 3 parts WS to 5 parts A1 and a splash of habanero sauce for warmth.. Marinate the meat overnight in the bag. Take .6% salt by weight, grind fresh black pepper into a bowl imagining how much you need for the surface of your meat.. add to fresh dried parsley and grind it up on a mortar and pedestal and rub evenly over the meat.. Put the meat in a bit cold and smoked it with coffee wood at 235º until it hit 128º pulled it off and seared it on the upper grill flipped over down below.. Rested 20 minutes and it was sublime.. fetch?id=67993fetch?id=67992fetch?id=67991fetch?id=67985fetch?id=67986fetch?id=67987fetch?id=67988fetch?id=67989fetch?id=67990

Re: Triple Bone-In

Those look awesome Dennis! Someone needs to invent taste-a-vision!! I have to ask a couple questions though.

What is a triple bone in? It kind of reminds me of a frenched 6 bone in prime rib I once did. This is what happens when you don't know your cuts very well.

Does the foil do anything besides look pretty? I didn't foil mine.

Rib Roasts.. Rib eyes with the bone

Our in house meat man Mr Z needs to chime in here but I'm sure these all are Rib Roasts.. rib eyes with the bone still attached. Nice flavor.. They came with the foil wrapped bones.. who was I to undress them?

They might keep the bone from heating up and heating the meat faster but probably not..

Maybe just keeps them from getting charred..

;);)

I thought they looked foiled in the package. Something else I hadn't seen before. Very Interesting. Thanks.

I thought maybe foil was there to protect the bones from charring black in certain cooking environments. Having said that; indirect with drip pan came out fine.

Standing by for Mr. Z !!!

Yep, 3 rib standing rib roast. The foil can be used to prevent the bones from charring, I always do this for a pork rib roast or a rack of lamb, as the bones are very prone to charring to the point of crumbling. Love the tri-tip as well, whenever we grill one of these it's a race to see who cleans the meat platter first, my 17 year old son or the 2 year old Airedale who can practically inhale the whole thing if we're not watching. The bone in rib steak is another almost forgotten cut, it's about the only cut that I don't care for when grilled medium rare or rare, just not tender enough, and the steak Dennis grilled is perfect! For the playoff games this weekend I have a few bone in sirloin steaks I forgot we had hanging in the cooler for about 6 weeks, nobody wanted to touch them so I was brave and trimmed the outsides and cut them into 1 1/4 " steaks, these ought to be pretty tasty. I'll try to post some pics later. I better get going, almost late for work again, hope the boss doesn't fire me this time...