The Pup

Greetings and Thanks!

Re: Greetings and Thanks!

Awesome. Are you picking up the shelves too?

Yes, but I will store the selves in the shed out of the weather when not in use (I purchased the drop-in/easy-to-remove shelves).

I think I am ready to go; I already have my custom cover from Mr. Edwards and a 50lb rotisserie motor!

I am holding off on the Guru vs. Stoker decision until I get commanding knowledge of the KK basics and assess the true need. In the mean time, I purchased a splash-proof Thermapen and a cheap Maverick ET-732 wireless thermometer to keep me safe. Personally, I would rather chase my wife around the coffee table than monitor BBQ temperature graphs or twitter the same to my fan base. :P

I suppose all I should need is the new and improved OTB shaped heat deflector (Dennis, I am ready when you are).

I am holding off on the Guru vs. Stoker decision until I get commanding knowledge of the KK basics and assess the true need.

Good call IMHO. Reminds me of my days getting started in mountain biking, my first mountain bike purchase. Buddy of mine, pro rider, advised me not to get a suspension fork until I first learned how to ride without one. I heeded his advice and still think it was some of the best riding advice I ever received.

Buddy of mine' date=' pro rider, advised me not to get a suspension fork until I first learned how to ride without one. I heeded his advice and still think it was some of the best riding advice I ever received.[/quote']

Long ago I was a CAT 1 road bike professional for a decade-or-so and learned to race criterium and hill climbs with an old Campagnolo T-handle front derailleur; I have no doubt I would appreciate the new click-command or electron-smart derailleur systems in vogue today. I suppose you greatly appreciated suspension dampening once you "upgraded" too.

It's funny, I just installed Campy Ergo shifters for the first time on one of my bikes. They have been around for 20 years or more, but I never tried them. I still keep reaching for my downtube shifters. What's even funnier is my indexed downtube shifters still seem new and fancy to me, having been used to friction shifters before that!!! I've been riding a LONG time and I'm really getting old, I guess.

I still have my last Campy Super Record equipped road bike circa ~'78 with the archaic top-route brake cables. My last ride was a charity event in 1986!

Now that I think about it, I really have no fond memories of enduring 120 miles on my Brooks rivet saddle either!

brooks-team-pro-copper-black.jpg