DennisLinkletter

Three Extruder Machines are in the House!

Re: Three Extruder Machines are in the House!

Hi Folks,

I'm up here in New England and have been looking to find Coconut Extruded Charcoal for years now.

I'd be interested in a pallet share.

Dennis, do you have any plans to get this product in stores at some point?

Absolutely.. We're just fine tuning out gasifier and re-burn retort and the production line is finished..

When it's running and producing uniform high quality product,

We'll invest in building larger versions of it all.

Thanks for your interest and inquiry..

I'm still shooting for sending out a few tons this month.

When all is rolling our current capacity is about 1,600 lbs a day but we can of course run more than one shift..

;);)

;);)

:P @Dennis:

I congratulate you on your overwhelming sales. I understand that you are swamped. Still, it's been a few weeks since we heard anything about the charcoal. Will we be receiving a shipment this summer? Thanks, Anton :P

:P @Dennis:

I congratulate you on your overwhelming sales. I understand that you are swamped. Still, it's been a few weeks since we heard anything about the charcoal. Will we be receiving a shipment this summer? Thanks, Anton :P

There have been a few small setbacks but I'm still pleased with where we are.. There is of course a learning curve here. I have the material where we need it to be at 4% ash ;););)

The next problem was keeping the density where we need it..

Long story short this led to special electrodes and our needing to get a 500amp arch welder.

We now have both the density and high carbon content we were looking for..

Now we're just making charcoal working at the tonnage we need to ship..

;);)

Hey Dennis! Back from vacation yet? Hope that you had a great one. It's been four weeks since the last charcoal update, so I thought I would contact you and see if we will be getting any charcoal stateside before year's end. I imagine the shipping process will take at least a month. I am volunteering Mable if you need anyone to test how the new charcoal reacts to genuine American smog. :wink: May we begin to get our names on a waiting list? Are you going to take pre-orders or deposits? Thanks, Anton 8)

We have finally worked our way thru the learning curve.. We're producing charcoal from 2.5-4.5% ash..

We had a massive setback when we discovered that tons the charcoal we had bought and extruded was mixed with coal. This was a huge waste of time and of course resources.. We got the guy to take it back but it was not easy.

We no longer purchase bags of small shells to say the least..

I'll be shipping charcoal with this next box going out Aug 12th. Have not started to work out any of the important details such as pricing.

Please excuse this delay in getting this out but I just am not going to compromise when it comes to putting Made by Komodo Kamado on the box.

;);)

Dennis,

I love the fact that you will not compromise when it comes to quality and the good name of Komodo Kamado....

I am looking forward to the day that I can put my name on the list and buy some charcoal.

If there is anyone else in northern California that is interested in sharing a pallet let me know....

Tony

This is great news! Thanks for the update, Dennis.

I'm in NorCal and interested in joining up on an order. There are a number of us who posted previously here that are interested. Once Dennis pulls everything together (pricing, etc.) we can begin to figure this out!