ifly61ce

Waiting on my Cobalt Blue

I finally ordered a KK after drooling on this site for a few months. I'll be getting the Cobalt Blue that is currently on the water. I got the 8" Rotiserie; removable right side table; decided to get the Gas burner to make it easy for my wife to light when I'm out of town; Leather Grill Gloves; 50# rotisserie motor; DigiQ DX BBQ Guru; Johnny boy cover; and a Thermapen. Did I miss any other accesories that I'll need?

My wife wants to name the KK Leroy! I'm not real fond of that name, any suggestions that may sway her? She's a Cajun from south Louisiana and is real hard headed.

Re: Waiting on my Cobalt Blue

@Syzygies:

Those hep cats were really jumping in that video. Is that a young Dorothy Dandridge sitting on the piano and soaking it all in?

Also, can you phonetically indicate how to pronounce "Syzygies?" Or, is it not intended to be pronounced? Thanks

This clears up everything!

syz·y·gy (sz-j)

n. pl. syz·y·gies

1. Astronomy

a. Either of two points in the orbit of a celestial body where the body is in opposition to or in conjunction with the sun.

b. Either of two points in the orbit of the moon when the moon lies in a straight line with the sun and Earth.

c. The configuration of the sun, the moon, and Earth lying in a straight line.

2. The combining of two feet into a single metrical unit in classical prosody.

Syzygy (Oxford English Dictionary)

Syzygy (Oxford English Dictionary)

1873 C. W. Thomson Depths of Sea ix. 440 When the animal is dying it generally breaks off its arms at these syzygies.

Who knew it was a barbecue term!

Some of my work is described in that book. More significantly, the author, David Eisenbud, became a minister of the Universal Life Church, so that he could perform the wedding ceremony for Laurie and me on a hillside on Mt. Diablo, a few years back.

Re: Waiting on my Cobalt Blue The waiting is over, She arrived today in perfect condition. Not surprised by the quality because I had the good fortune to see one at Ziers prime meats. But when it is sitting on my deck it took a while before the smile on my face went away. What a beast, cant wait to fire her up. fetch?id=66780

post-6920-139082393361_thumb.jpg

It's all you fault Dave! that pulled pork you gave me was the determining factor in my purchase. Dennis should put you on commission. I was very lucky to be so close to your store and be able to see one in person. I want to thank you again for the personal demo of the KK.