mguerra

Annoying Forum Feature

Sometimes when I create a reply to a post, a notification box pops up saying something to the effect: "Someone has already replied, you sure you want to?" For crying out loud, GET RID OF THAT!!!!

Of course we want to reply, that's the whole point of a forum...

Re: Annoying Feature

I believe the feature is there to warn you that someone replied to the thread while you were typing out your own reply, it gives you a chance to read the thread at the bottom of the edit page to see if someone's already posted your response. On some really active forums I see a lot of nearly identical posts within minutes or seconds of each other - this feature can prevent that.

that requires a "warning"

Call me crazy (and many people do) but isn't a "warning" much more harsh than a friendly note advising you that someone posted a reply, while you were typing yours, and maybe you should check out that post in lieu of being redundant? :D

See?!? We're not Primo here - just friendly advisory guys/gals! :lol:8)

I've never seen this message..

And can't find it in the Admin. but I have posted rather lengthy replies only to later see that someone else answered before me and said the same thing.. in hindsight it looked lame, like I read what they said and parroted it..

Wish I would have seen the notice that day.. I did go back and edit the redundancy out of my post..

;);)