slu

High Temp Brisket

fetch?id=68035fetch?id=68036

So I took the plunge and tried the high temperature method for cooking brisket. I used the coffee/cardamom rub. Cooked at 290 uncovered for 4 hours and 15 minutes, then wrapped in foil for another hour until it was tender. I'm not a big fan of brisket to begin with, but I have to admit that the flavor was excellent, and the meat was moist!

Re: High Temp Brisket

I'd say you nailed it.. I really like that rub also.. The fresh cardamom from World Spice in Seattle is much more aromatic than any cardamom I've ever run across..

;);)

In all the years that I've been cooking, I had never used cardamom before; it has a quite interesting and complex flavor.

Re: High Temp Brisket

What kind of cardamom did you use' date=' green, black, or just the seeds?[/quote']

In this particular case I just purchased ground cardamom. Since I hadn't used it previously, I thought I would try the less expensive ground as opposed to purchasing the whole seeds. Next time, I'll buy the seeds.