MadMedik

Pork Butt, Rotisserie Chicken, and Lava Bomb Cakes

fetch?id=68186 Hello all, Well, I had a wonderful KK weekend. Lots of cooking. An AWESOME dessert on the KK...gotta try it. First, the best news: Molten Lava Cake (Chocolate Bomb) : I found a recipe in a BBQ book, BGE Cookbook, for this Lava Cake. I did it last night and it was awesome. It is a Chocolate Cake/Cup Cake that is in Individual sizes cakes. You bake it , but not completely, and then when serve it oozes / flows with chocolate liquid/batter/syrup...or what ever you want to call it. And it was great. I cooked on the KK at 450 degrees, with the heat deflector stone on the main grill....next time i will raise to upper grill. Follow the recipe as posted below...it said cook 6 to 8 minutes....i had to go to 15 minutes. I took out, put a cookie sheet over the top of the baking pan, flipped over...and all 6 cakes fell out cleanly...sprinkle with powder sugar, add whipped cream, vanilla ice cream , and some fresh strawberries...oh my god! here is recipe: ? Molten Lava Cake for Komodo Kamado Chocolate cake with rich, saucy center for spectacular presentation and taste Serve hot before liquid center congeals Ingredients: Granulated sugar for dusting, about 1 cup 1 cup unsalted butter 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips 4 large eggs 4 large egg yolks 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups confectioners sugar 2/3 cup all purpose flour 2 cups heavy cream, whipped Cook indirect, 450 degrees (main grill) Metal baking cups, 8 ounce, makes 10 Spray the baking cups with cooking spray and dust the entire inside with the granulated sugar. Set aside. Place the butter and chocolate in a saucepan on the stovetop over low heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes. Place the eggs and egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Using the whisk attachment, beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light and ribbony. Add the vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat for 1 minute more. Slowly add the melted chocolate and beat for 1 minute, then add the flour and beat for 1 more minute, or until just incorporated. Fill each baking cup three quarters full. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. Place the cups on grill and close the lid of KK. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until slightly firms to the touch. The cakes should be firm but not cooked all the way through. Immediately turn out onto individual plates and serve with whipped cream. Serves 10 My pan was for 6 cakes....like twice the size of standard muffins... Next time, i will put on upper grill with indirect as i had 2 of the cakes on the outer edge that were overcooked/burned lightly...too hot on outside of fire i guess. Anyway, if you want a dessert on the KK, this is the way to do it. It suggest putting the batter in refrigerator for 30 minutes up to 24 hours. make it in the afternoon, put if frig, then cook after your main dinner...easy peasy !!!!! Mine was in frig for about 6 hours before cooking. Gotta try this !!! As for the rest of my cooking this weekend, i fed my guest (before the Lava Cake) an 8 1/2 pound pork butt, 14 hours at 250 with Chris Lilly rub...put in ice chest to REST for about 5 hours....very moist and tasty... 8 pnd butt.jpg[/attachment:263p02z1] Also for my non-pork eating guest, i did 4 Cornish Game hens, 350 degrees, direct heat, for about 1 hour. Turned out great, but for 1 of the Hens falling in to the charcoal basket. I was using my 8" Rotisserie basket....TOO BIG....and the poor little hens were just not secure enough...after about 4 turns on the Rotisserie I heard one fall...what an agonizing scream it made...LOL... and i opened the lid and a second was hanging by a leg...literally, and i just barely saved it from a firey death... I went to fathers house, got his 6 inch rotiss basket and repositioned the remaining 3 Hens in this...and they made to a tasty , delicious death...LOL. So 3 out of 4 was not bad...boy was i pissed. Anyway, be sure you have the right size basket for Rotisserie cooks... Gotta love this KK kooking...learn something almost every time. Loved the Lava Bomb Cake.... !!!! Give it a try. Sorry for long post. Enjoy the recipe. MadMedik