Hephaestus

Father's day special: Smoked Prime Rib

Re: Father's day special: Smoked Prime Rib

Very nice there Hephaestus. Looks perfectly cooked !! Good Job....

My Pulled Pork Shoulder went 14 and 15 hours total....very moist and tasty. Becoming a 'staple product' in this house. Going to do 3 more next Friday for Saturday feast for Kiwanis Club.

Oh, by the way, we all know your wife and kids did all the cooking...right? I mean, it is father's day...you should not cook!!!

MadMedik,

First of all I just worked the kk. The wife mostly did everything else. As for the kids, they were happy to join us at the dinner table. At the end it worked out great.

As for the vegetables, we throw them out. We use the pan and juices to make a jus.We took one cup of good red wine to deglaze the pan. Then added one and half cups of homemade beef stock. You can also use good quality commercial. Then add some Worcestershire sauce and some freshly ground black pepper. Voila a very tasty jus done in no time

Hephaestus and Others,

For the Prime Rib cook, what were your temps and how long did you cook...hours / pound.

I am considering doing a Prime Rib Roast....very large....for Christmas and family. Would love suggestions on how long and what temp to cook.

Thanks

MadMedik

Hello cousin,

Ours was 4 bones, 7.5lbs. I set-up the kk for indirect and set the temperature at 290 degrees. ( I would have tried a little lower but I did not want to be late for lunch.) Put it on at 9:00am . I took it out at 12:30 It had reached 140 degrees. In 2 weekends we will do it allover again when our niece is visiting fro Vancouver.

Good luck.