MadMedik

Where is everyone? Cook and post something

:P Heylo all (as Dennis would say)

Fire those kk's up people. I have a filet mignon "roast" cooking now...baked potatoes in the oven. Internal temp now 126. Chardonnay wine in glass, cigar (Aruto Fuente 8-5-8), and wife waiting for the steak. It is Friday, 3 day weekend, God Bless our soldiers around the world.

KK's Rock!!!!!!!

Re: Where is everyone? Cook and post something

Dittos to the blessing. I have a Marine nephew shipping out to Afghanistan next week. Tomorrow we have a big family party for him. I've got a 10 pound pork butt on the KK right now, and three racks of St. Louis to put on in the AM. I have the Stoker out there after having used the Guru exclusively for the last year. The Stoker is holding a MUCH more stable temp. And I do believe that is because it shuts off the draft door when the blower is not blowing. The Guru draft door stays open at the opening you set. Setting the exact opening to hold a 225 ish fire is pretty dicey.

Here here, vietnam vet myself, kudos to the guys and gals doing the hard stuff for all of us. Was 1oo degrees here with heat index today, my central air went out of course. My neighbor is a heating a/c guy will fix it tomorrow for free, well i do have to pay with butts and ribs, but glad to do it. My kk may be here Tuesday!!

No experience with guru, but the Stoker I have used several times now. Holds temps quite well. I really like being able to remotely monitor the temps and see the internal temps of the meat. I use my iPhone and the Stoker log software.

Glad to hear of your service to our country. Thank you! You will love the KK!

Thank you for that and you are welcome, i would do it again! My central air is now fixed, parts and lobor for free from my good neighbor, could have cost me a bundle on a holiday weekend!!! Anyway he is in for Q the rest of the summer!!!

By the way....my filet mignon roast turned out AWESOME. Cooked at 370 degrees Dome temp, total time of about 50 minutes. I took it off at internal temp of 142 degrees and let it rest for about 15 minutes...that was a LONG 15 minutes.... then took out of foil, cut , and served with the baked potatoes. The meat was very pink, medium rare, but not bloody or raw....pretty much evenly and throughout the whole roast. Both "end cuts" were mostly medium rare....perhaps 1 grade up on the "doneness chart" but still pink.

I had lots of juice in the foil from the rest period...poured this over the meat, some on to the potatoes, and ate away... Of course, a little HOT horse raddish added the finishing touch. No searing or reverse searing...just cook to desired temp and ate !

I hear ya but I am never certain when I should pull the meat(what internal temp) so that after the reverse sear the meat is at or close to the 143 to 145 IT range. I feel like I will end up overcooking the meat with reverse sear????