Scrooge1

Parts for old Komodo Kamado

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and I hope I don't jump in and ask something that I should have been able to find with a quick search. I did a quick search and came up empty, but I'm not great at finding things.

I was just given an older Komodo Kamado, vintage 1988. As a current owner of a Big Green Egg, (Can I say BGE on this forum or will that get me kicked off?) I am familiar with ceramic cookers. My cooker seems to be in pretty good shape. However, there is a deteriorating ceramic beveled piece that the fire ring sits on. I'd like to replace it, though I'm not quite sure that it is even necessary. The fire box is broken in two. I think it will work fine anyway, but would prefer to fix or replace. Every thing else seems to be sound.

I have 2 questions for you Komodo experts:

1. Where can I buy replacement parts for this cooker?

2. Can I repair the fire box? If so, how? Sorry, I guess that's 3 questions.

Re: Parts for old Komodo Kamado

Just so you know, kamado is a style of cooker. Komodo is this company's brand name. Anything from 1988 was not made by Komodo Kamado. Parts for those older cookers may be available from Big Green Egg. (I just said it and I'm still here, lol!) Give them a call and see what they suggest. Some people have repaired fireboxes with JB Weld. I haven't seen any followup posts from them about how it held. I think you can also use Rutland Furnace Cement. Good luck!

Re: Parts for old Komodo Kamado

Hello, welcome to the forum.. KOmodo Kamado will turn 8 in August so it must be what I refer to as a second choice Kamado. These are all listed in the links area of this forum. When you look at a KK you will see they are clearly not competition nor should KK have any qualms with people trying to make comparisons.

Good luck with your search to repair your grill..

We welcome everybody here regardless what they are cooking on.

Feel free to discuss any grill here.. although you may just get chuckles..

My favorite quote is that KK makes the other grills look like Tonka Toys..

;);)