fcnich

Bison Brisket and Pastrami

Ok guys and gals, took out a corned beef and the bison brisket last night, put a rub on both, wrapped the bison in bacon. Put them on Esterdahl around 1 pm. They hit 165 degrees about 5 pm, took them out and foiled both plus added 1 cup beef broth to the bison, back on now and cooking..... will let you know later how it went, oh and a picture i hope!

Re: Bison Brisket and Pastrami

Took both pieces out of Esterdahl at 6:45 pm. Both cooked to 195 degrees internal. The bison was very moist as i hoped, but i could use the slices for a slingshot! So what is my delema now?? Should i have cooked the bison to a higher temperature to break down more of the connective tissue, or did i just have a poor quality piece of bison?? Oh well i still have the pastrami in the fridge cooling, will let you know on that a bit later!

Re: Bison Brisket and Pastrami

Yes i did cut across the grain, still slingshot material. BUT.... the pastrami was great!!! Thanks to the kk i am sure. I never did have very good luck with brisket, was not real bad, but i knew it could be better. Thanks Dennis for your cooker, its the best