cruzmisl

Totalled the wife's new car......but I redeemed myself

Whoopsie! Got in an accident with the wife's new Fiesta last week. My poor little buddy folded up like a cheap card table. I walked away unhurt which is most important. I think all 8 airbags in that thing deployed :eek: The crumple zones are quite effective and the cabin was entirely intact with no intrusion. Sadly its off to the big car lot in the sky-too much damage to repair.

While we were waiting for the payout from insurance we picked up a 2012 Hyundai Sonata limited 2.0T. Its my first Korean car and have to say was amazed at the quality and engineering put in the vehicle. Fit and finish is stellar and the tactile feel of the instrumentation is great. We went there just to look around and weren't really expecting much. Wow was I surprised. We ended up buying it and took delivery yesterday. It only has 175more horsepower than the Fiesta :wink: Trouble is the 0-60 of 6 seconds and a top speed of 155mph might get me in trouble :angel11:

Here's a pic. Its no Mercedes but it is an outstanding value.

car.jpg

Re: Totalled the wife's new car......but I redeemed myself

I should clarify. It has 175hp more than the fiesta had which was about 100hp. :D

It generates 275hp from of a 4 cylinder turbocharged motor. Extremely tractable and no noticeable turbo lag. If you didn't know you'd swear it was a very powerful V6.

I should clarify. It has 175hp more than the fiesta had which was about 100hp. :D

It generates 275hp from of a 4 cylinder turbocharged motor. Extremely tractable and no noticeable turbo lag. If you didn't know you'd swear it was a very powerful V6.

Now I'm loosing seriously loosing sleep..

:eek::eek::eek:

For comparison, In 1974 Porsche introduced it's first production turbocharged 911.

The now famous "Porsche 930" had a 3.0 Ltr engine that produced 260 hp.

Your car does that and a bit more with 2 not 3 liters!

:lol::lol:

Not much difference in 87 octane and 92 octane, at the current price.

My Porsche that takes premium, is less than $4 more a tank full than regular, not a biggie considering $65-75 fill up at the current prices.

Like our KK's if you like it drive it,fly it, or light it.

I had one of these as a rental on my business trip this week and was quite impressed! They've come a LONG way since the Sonata that came out in the mid 80's.

One can rent high performance sports cars at a premium but this must be the only standard price rental that can do 0-60 in 6 seconds..

I'd have a tough time keeping my foot out of it.

Ticket time for sure!

:eek::eek:

More important than all of this is that your relationship with Mrs. Cruzmisl is still good. After all, it was HER new car that had to go to the squashy machine. But I bet she's glad her sweetie (that would be you, btw) is ok. :)