The Grateful Griller

LooftLighter

LOOFTLIGHTER WILL CERTAINLY START YOU UP, YOUR FIRE THAT IS!

by CHEFMIGUEL on JULY 11, 2011 in GRATEFUL GEAR with comments off [edit]

LooftLighter

Hola Grillers!

I do hope this post and day has seen you on your deck chilling and grilling grateful style! Some of you will remember me going on about a great product I came across a few years back at the HPBA Bbq show down in Orlando called the Looftlighter, (www.looftlighter.com) ! Well, since that trip I have started up a few fires if you know what I mean and all I can say is WOW! Every time I use this gadget that looks like a cross between Luke Skywalker’s light saber and a curling iron I’m blown away at how fast it gets things going in any of my kamado’s that I use on a daily basis.

Now I’ll admit, I’ve always been a bit of a sucker for cool gadgets that look funky and this baby looks funky indeed but it works and works well and although you’ll lay down close to $90 plus tax for it in North America you will soon forget that aspect and just get down to some hardcore grilling faster than you ever expected and then once your fire is raging you can kick back and enjoy.

You nay sayers out there are probably going, whatever, I’ll just stick to my old fashioned chimney starter and or my non toxic fire cubes which I’ll admit I still use from time to time but people, take it from the “grillerâ€, this thing is cool and it works. In the words of the company it makes your grilling experience easier, tastier, cleaner and certainly quicker and I have to agree with them! No fuss, no muss, no toxins and safe too!

I used to say I would never use another electric starter for as long as I lived based on the fact they are unsafe and unpractical and now I find myself eating my words, dam! I mean come on! An exposed element on a wooden deck, how stupid can you get? If you are a family with small kids, worry not because the design of this product is such that the interior element is actually incased with a perforated stainless body, hence the only part of the Looft that gets hot is the tip which is also hidden behind a mesh type cage for added security. To start your fire you simply plug the Looft lighter in, point it at the charcoal and press the button and in less than 60 seconds, SHAZAM, you’ve got game. Leave it to those Swedes to nail it on design and having been fortunate enough to meet the owner himself, Richard Looft ( great guy btw) I can confirm his passion for his product is very real indeed!

So, if you need a fire starter you might just want to check these guys out. LooftLighter can be found at most specialized Bbq retailers and online worldwide. Until we meet again my friends, feed your fires and desires to take all your grilling games higher!

Peace & Sticky Fingers!

GG

Re: LooftLighter

I am relatively new to ceramic cooking, but I got my KK at the end of the summer, and after trying 5 or 6 of the "natural" alternatives, I splurged on the looftlighter on the strength of its amazon ratings. It takes a couple of minutes, but provides good control with no mess. Depending on the coal, it sometimes creates sparks, but for someone who is now grilling/smoking all the time, it was worth the investment.

I think you're inhaling way too much smoke dude.

:roll::roll::roll:

Yeah, the "press release" format, and "late night TV ad" exuberance really had me wondering. I almost reported this post as serving only to advertise a product.

We've got a few "branded personalities" here, in addition to us ordinary folks; everyone is welcome. "Naked" comes to mind as one I deeply admire, with a very low-key, folksy presence here, just offering what he knows without hawking his web site. The OP might study Naked's posting style, as a very nice model for how to manage a "branded personality". We don't object to "branded personalities" per se, but there's a line not to cross, or the wolf pack will make low growling noises as feedback. I take Slu's hilarious retort in this spirit.

The odd thing is, the LooftLighter looks like a nice product. I recall Dennis promoting the use of a hairdryer, this is a further step in that direction. To the OP: Just skip the "press release" format and try writing like a normal person? We have a pretty broad definition of normal, to include the likes of the rest of us, it shouldn't be that hard.

IMHO

"The Grateful Griller" can write when and however he wants to.

We have Moderators for a reason.

So "Griller" speaking for myself there is one member here that hopes you list all the nice things you run across.

As for a wolf pack - Ask a Oregon livestock owner.

"The Grateful Griller" can write when and however he wants to.

We have Moderators for a reason.

Go visit The Grateful Griller - Services. This post was written in a manner that could be construed as primarily attempting to drive traffic to a commercial web site. That is against forum rules.

I found the content interesting and valuable. Both TheNakedWhiz and primeats engage in BBQ-related businesses, but neither flaunts it on the forum. I'm simply trying to provide gentle feedback, rather than reporting this to the mods.

Simply stop flaunting the brand, and don't write posts like a press release? That is all I object to, the commercial tone. I value the contribution itself.

Though I admire Slu's succinctness.

There's been a lot of commercial spam on this site lately. I had just flagged four threads in a row (now gone, perhaps you missed them) before seeing this thread.

As for a wolf pack - Ask a Oregon livestock owner.

Ask someone who nearly got killed by a deer last month. Ridding the planet of other predators besides ourselves is not an entitlement. In equilibrium wolf kills are just a tax we should be happy to pay. I deeply admire wolves. As a species we're idiots to not grasp the importance of planetary diversity.